Sunday, September 8, 2013

Daily 5

Happy Sunday! Wow I can't believe how fast the weekend has gone. In first grade, Lindsay and I are introducing Daily 5. We are both excited. I did it last year when I taught second grade and loved every minute of it. I love how independent it makes the kids, while allowing you to work with students.
I created three documents to go along with my Word Work station. Above is my "Write your Word Wall" worksheet. I printed it on card stock and laminated it. Now my students can practice writing their word wall words. I love having them use their dry erase boards, but sometimes they tend to start drawing, instead of writing. This worksheet will be a guide to help them when doing word work. I also have a similar document where students get to stamp their word wall words. 

Above I have a sample of my worksheet that allows students to practice writing their Months of the Year and Days of the Week. You can either have students stamp the words or laminate the pages and write with dry erase markers. I'm sure you could utilize magnets with this sheet too! Enjoy your day! - Jenny 

No comments:

Post a Comment